Friday 2 December 2011

The Problem with Wine Glasses

Originally it was my intention to utilise the sound of wine glasses being played, and animate along to the recording. However, recording with wine glasses as proven rather problematic: I am obviously not a professional at this, but I had a t least hoped to be able to produce some interesting harmonies and sounds. The reality is that it is extremely difficult to get all the sounds produced in the same key. This, coupled with my general inability to play them anyway, has resulted in the devising of a new strategy: the soundtrack will now be produced more traditionally (through live or electronic instrumentation), though still within the abstract genre. As my intention was to animate after composing a soundtrack this has not greatly impeded by project; however I am left a little disappointed that my original idea could not come to fruition.

Above: What I can never hope to achieve

No comments:

Post a Comment